Friday, May 18, 2012

Scotland: Doune Castle

Next day was also cloudy. However I've decided to change my travel plans and stop by wonderful castle of Doune. It was worth coming. Pictures are not nice, because of overexposed sky, but castle itself seems to have that atmosphere.
I don't like to rewrite with my own words something that you can easily find, so I follow wikipedia which says:
"Doune Castle is a medieval stronghold near the village of Doune, in the Stirling district of central Scotland. The castle is sited on a wooded bend where the Ardoch Burn flows into the River Teith. It lies 8 miles (13 km) north-west of Stirling, where the Teith flows into the River Forth. Upstream, 8 miles (13 km) further north-west, the town of Callander lies at the edge of the Trossachs, on the fringe of the Scottish Highlands."

No comments: