Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wines #11: Morgado De Sta Catherina Reserva 2009

My readers know for sure that my another hobby (beyond travels and photography) are alcoholic beverages :)
What I want to present you today is my recent discovery - great white portugal wine - Morgado De Sta Catherina Reserva 2009. Usually I'm not a big fan of white wines. However when I've visited my favorite wine shop last time, very nice and smart lady offered me this wine to taste. I trust her, because usually her recommendations were great, so decided to buy a bottle. And suddenly I wish I had bought at least six of them.
But let's write few words about wine itself. It comes from Bucelas in Estremadura, Portugal. Made from Arinto grape and the bottle I had was produced from 2009 harvest. Nose has something to do with limes, pineapple and tropical fruits, but is very delicate. Probably because it was kept in wood, you can find oak here - you can also feel some vanilla and wood itself taste, so for me the balance is perfect. It's probably third or fourth white wine that has place in my memory and I will get back to it. Moreover not only me highly appreciate this wine - it has got a gold medal in International Wine Challenge! Strictly recommended!

No comments: