Sunday, November 14, 2010

Karkonosze in November #1

This year during so called "long weekend" I decided to get to Karkonosze. Weather was really nice, so on the first day I started with hiking Wielka Sowa (1015 m above sea level) in Sowie Mountain chain. This place is very interesting and has a lot of secrets in addition to captivating views. This place was one of the Hitler's HQ before and during WWII, so it still has closed mines (but still available for visiting), famous underground drifts (like Riese), Grodno Castle, stronghold in Silver Mountain and many, many more really very interesting places with absorbing stories. I definitely recommend this place and if you go there once, you'll be getting back whole of your life. At least I've such addiction. You can read a lot about this place, unfortunately most of it is in polish or german, so I don't want to copy internet here :) Just see some pictures...


And some macro shots...


And guess what else we came across? :)

No comments: