Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Do not buy HP printers!

About 2 years ago HP released wireless printers (WI-FI). So after switching from tower PC to big 17" laptop I decided to get rid of even more cables and switched to nice HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One device. It was nice, but only for about a year and a month. When warranty expired, device suddenly stopped working giving message that there's something wrong with the cartridge. Of course I use only original cartridges, so was a little bit surprised. And what's even worse, scanner also stopped working although has nothing in common with cartridges! But ok, it happens. Next day I called HP service to ask where I can repair such a printer. They responded that this printer, if no under warranty, is not fixable! They recommended me to buy a new one! Of course, this is just the biggest printer producer in the world, so quality and service doesn't matter to them... I should expect it. Then I was trying to find some 3rd party repair service - no success. They have no parts for such model. Again, no surprise. It's disposable printer. After one year, buy a new one from the same company - it's much more expensive than just buying a cartridge. But sorry HP - I'll never buy any printer from you. This is simply cheating customers. I've made a research and it turned out to be a lot of broken printers over the internet and you can buy such a used C4580 for 1 PLN on allegro.pl. This time I decided to give a chance to some other printers producers like Canon or Lexmark - haven't decided yet.......

No comments: