Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Endomondo

My Suunto training watch broke down yesterday. Heart rate monitor sensor and foot pod stopped working, so most valuable features of the watch are gone - it's useless now. I can use it as a normal watch only. Yesterday I managed to run without measuring my results, but today decided to check new tool discovered by my friend - endomondo. It's website dedicated to people with interest in different kind of sports - runners among others. You simply install a small application on your mobile (with built-in gps receiver) and it measures your speed, distance and count calories burnt. Moreover it even draw your track on the map (unfortunately my gps looses signal in the forest, so it's not very exact)! It's really nice, I only miss heart rate monitoring here, but have to think about some solution. I can recommend endomondo to you if you are running or biking or even skating. Nice application and you can share results with friends or even publish them on the wall of facebook. If you have facebook account, you can see my morning track and results...

No comments: