Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wines#8: Heartland

Recently I've visited my favorite wine store - Winnice Poludnia. They had new sort of wines from Australia and as you know I like this remote region. I decided to try one of famous Heartland -Dolcetto Lagrein 2006. As one of Internet sites claims "This wine is opaque purple in colour with hints of brick red. On the nose there are lifted aromas of mulberry, cassis with a hint of currants. Nuances of dried straw and eucalypt add freshness and density. In the mouth, flavours of cracked pepper, cedar, cherries and wood smoke. The palate is rich, balanced by firm savoury tannin." In my personal opinion this wine is just good for almost every meal, very mild and tasty. I'll definitely get back to this wine, especially because price is really nice - like 40 zlotys or so.

No comments: