Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kirk BH-3 Ballhead

Today I've received my Kirk BH-3 Ballhead and plates ordered at B&H. It was hard decision to what head switch from crappy Manfrotto and finally I decided to Arca-Swiss type. One of the biggest argument for Kirk was the fact that this head is used by famous Art Wolfe. On B&H webpage they write "Kirk BH-3 is a rugged and well-designed ballhead. It features the same efficiency of design and rugged construction as its bigger BH-1 brother, but only weighs in at 19 oz. It is rated to support up to 15 lbs, and is ideal for use with pro SLR cameras with pro zoom lenses attached. In addition to the large single-action locking knob, the BH-3 also features two smaller knobs. One controls the 360° panning control, and the other the amount of ball friction."
And to be honest after mounting BH-3 on my very old (bought in 2000) Manfrotto 190PROB tripod, now I have perfect set. This head works very nice and can easily keep my 1D MkIII altogether with 100-400/4.5-5.6L IS lens. You can use it like Wimberley. I like this set and I can recommend it to anyone who is bored with Manfrotto heads.

No comments: