Saturday, November 28, 2009

Lublin changed dramatically

Today I had a chance to visit Lublin for the second time in my life. It was tough decision, because when I was there last time in 1996 (it means over 13 years ago!), the visit in this city was the worst experience in my life. First of all I was hungry and there weren't ANY open restaurants or bars (exactly ALL were reserved for weeding parties). Second I had to use public transportation - it was stinking with alcohol and was full of drunkards. Third the whole old town was a big puddle and I got stuck in the mud up to my knees! Then I had decided not to visit this town anymore in my life.
But people are changing and places are changing. Besides I was very close to Lublin and had good opportunity to check what changed. And I must say it was good decision. Now this city shines! It's beautiful, has a lot of really nice restaurants, pubs, bars and its old town is in many parts perfectly renovated and in others still under renovation. Lublin has that atmosphere and something mysterious. It's very good place to take nice pictures if you've enough patience and luck for weather. My pictures are not perfect, but I'd like to share some of them with you, just to show you that's worth visiting!

1. Streets of old town


2. The castle

No comments: