Saturday, October 31, 2009

Wines#5: Shiraz from Australia

My good colleague has nice audio equipment. We've been trying to meet for at least a year or so, but finally I've visited him two days ago. His audio setup really rocks! I felt like in the concert hall listening to SACD version of different pieces. But in the hall you can't drink alcohol. Music is much better when accompanied with some very good wine. And I had such wine - it was 2006 Shiraz from famous Australian winery Brown Brothers.
I will not invent any own descriptions, because it's perfectly described on producer's webpage, so let's cite them: "Showing the vibrant magenta colour of youth, this medium-bodied wine has fantastic lifted aromas of red berry fruits, dried herbs, pepper and an alluring floral note. These aromas follow through to the palate which has generous juicy fruit and a fine tannin structure. This supple medium-bodied Shiraz drinks well now but cellaring for 3 to 5 years from vintage will add complexity."
It's not easy to buy this wine in Poland, but if I come across, I'll definitely buy some bottles. The chance is that this shop can have it for 72 PLN - I must check it. I also recommend you to try this amazing wine!

No comments: