Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wines#3: Kanonkop Kadette 2006

Yesterday I decided to try very nice wine from RPA. It's not very popular in Poland, but it tastes well. Because wines from Kanonkop are usually very expensive in Poland I went for something cheaper - Kadette. It's cheaper brother of sensational Pinotage. I especially like Pinotage from 2004, because it was first I had a chance to taste thanks to my friend who discovered this amazing wine.
But let's summarize quality of Kadette. I must say that wine from 2006 is a bit too young to drink, but I couldn't resist. I think it should be 2-3 years older to taste better. Since I opened the bottle anyway, I felt berry fruits mixed with too much fruit acids. Wine is rather strong and you can feel alcohol in it.
After opening this bottle I decided to buy some more and keep them till 2010-2011 or even farther. As I read, this wine can be kept up to 6 years. So I will try to put another entry in the blog for 2-3 years. In spite of all I recommend this wine to everyone who would like to taste south african wines - it's one of the best you can find not knowing a lot about wines in general...

1 comment:

Mike said...

Here you have Kanonkop's wines for decent money:

Kanonkop's wines