Monday, August 24, 2009

Wines#2: New discovery

Yesterday I had a little party at home. Because it was meeting with one of my best friends, I decided to get some nice wine. Went to my favorite wine shop - Winnice Południa and found plain Barbera D'Alba. I know it's not as good as Brunello, but wanted to check it for myself. And I know guys from Winnice have really best selection of wines, so I took the risk. And this wine turned out to be amazing. One of the best I ever had. It was not much different than Brunello or similar wines.
Barbera tastes like fresh black fruit with a little earth in it. It has blackberry and plum in it. Later, after a while of drinking you can feel it's lemon-sharp acidity. It's great with cheese and grilled meat. I definitely recommend this wine to every italian wine lover!
But it was only the beginning. Then we switched to Spain. My friend, exactly like me, is Spain fan and brought nice red wine from Iberian Peninsula. That wine was produced by famous Señorío del Condestable winery in the Murcia region. Maybe the year 2005 was not perfect in Spain, but the wine was really good and I would say that I felt cheeries, blackberry, musk and little spice in it. It also was more spicy and more intense in taste, especially after longer drinking. Tasted very nice with pork and white sausages. I don't know how much it costs, but I bet it was worth it's price! You can give it a try.

No comments: