Tuesday, August 4, 2009

White, pink, red wines...

With this entry I'd like to start new topic in my blog. Sometimes I'll put wine descriptions in here. And no, not for you. Rather for me myself, because I treat this log like a diary - just to make my memory more permanent. I note here different things - knowledge on many topics. And wine is one of my hobby. I like to taste new wines, I like to get back to old ones and I like to have good wine with food. Of course you can use my wine descriptions if you wish, but with wine there's hard to meet some other taste. Taste of wine depends on many things, like place, food, atmosphere, temperature, weather, etc. Same wine can taste different in different place, on different occassion, etc.
Nevertheless I've some favorite wines or a at least brands. One of them is Vinho Verde from Portugal. It's something very special. Has nice light blue color and tastes perfectly in hot, summer days. It must be cold. Like 6-8 C. Then it's good and you can get most of it.
Today I'll describe two wines from Portugal. First is Gatão. "It's one of the most emblematic wines of the Vinhos Verdes Region, being produced since the years 30 from the last century. Present in more than 50 countries of the 5 continents, it is a wine that well represents the balance between the freshness, the slightness and the fruity flavour of the Vinho Verde." More on it you can find here. It's good to drink with salads, cheese, snacks, etc.
Another one, a little bit more expensive (30 PLN against 25 PLN for Gatão) is Santo Adrião. "Produced and bottled in the Vinhos Verdes Region, from a selection of regional grape varieties Loureiro, Trajadura and Azal. Naturally fresh, with a fruity flavour and characteristic slightness. Citrinous tonality, brilliant, a light wine of smooth flavour, fresh and well balanced." as the write here.
Santo Adrião is a bit stronger than Gatão. It has 10%, but should be also served very cold and in summer days.
Important thing is also where you can buy these nice wines. Surprisingly first one you can buy in LeClerc. The second is a little bit more harder to get and I usually buy it in my favorite local wine store - Winnice Południa. But you can also find it in the Internet altogether with door to door shipping. Enjoy the wine!!!

No comments: