Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Internet access at the end of the world

Today I've arrived to place that's far away from home, place where now I still have day and place where you can have Internet even while living in a tent. It's Stave on Andøya island. Beautiful place with wonderful views and a little windy weather.
But let's start with pictures I've taken two days ago. In the evening I decided to visit port in Oulu and sun was so nice that I've taken these pretty cool pictures... it was almost midnight!

From Oulu I went to Narvik. But this city is boring and just ugly, so don't recommend Narvik itself. On the other hand you should visit the area that is really breathtaking.
Later I headed to Andøya island and this is so far the most interesting part of Norway. I dreamed of taking picture of puffin, so went for Puffin Safari. Unfortunately it's not easy to take good picture of small bird from the boat that's rocked with waves very strongly. The only sharp picture I managed to take is this and I'm not happy with it, so will try to take some more soon:

On Andøya island it's nice little village called Bleik. It's also starting point for puffin safari and nice pictures:

Besides it's easy to find other nice views that I like taking pictures of:

You can also find a use for ND9 gray filter. Thanks to Jacek I was able to experiment a little with it and here you can see results:

No comments: