Saturday, July 11, 2009

Geiranger

Geiranger fjord as I heard is the most beautiful in Norway. So I had to check it myself. And I must admit it rocks! Great work of people hands... or maybe rather it is so nice, because people decided to leave it wild. Almost. Number of ferries and ships cruising across is really big. Every few minutes you can see some vessel in the waters of fjord. But for the photographer it's not so bad. You can be so lucky to catch single rays of light and vessel in one moment. I hadn't too much luck and my pictures are rather poor, but this place itself is really great and I plan to spend here at least a week next time.
From Geiranger I headed to Runde. People told me that I've a chance to meet my friends puffins there. There's not a long way while you count kilometers, but when we are talking about time it takes hours... On norwegian roads you can calculate to drive 100 km in 2 hours or even more. If you have GPS for example, you should apply Chris' factor - multiply time by 1.5 and check road on the paper map. Sometimes GPS shows you 800 km to drive while you need only 100 km! It's because of water and ferries. As you can see driving in Norway is not easy. And you still have nice views and need to stop to take pictures. Below you'll find my pictures from Geiranger area and from my road to Runde.
Besides consider sleeping in a nice camping with a fjord view. It's worth every ore to sleep there.

No comments: