Sunday, May 3, 2009

Universal Studios Hollywood

Today we spent the whole day in Universal Studios Theme Park. It's not as big as Disneyland, but has plenty of interesting shows and attractions. We started with House of Horrors. It's really poor attraction and for sure it's not scaring. Then we headed to Shrek 4D - this one was a little better, but reminded me Bug's Life - again a lot of wind and water and 3D glasses. Of course you can watch it, but with no delight. Next was The Simpsons Ride - and it was worth visiting. Fortunately we had to wait only 10 minutes in line that was really short. I recommend this ride to everyone who likes Simpsons and some fear. Then came the best - Waterworld. I can definitely say that this is the best show I've ever seen live. I've taken plenty of nice pictures there.
After that I went for Terminator 2: 3D - it was a lot of marketing and a little of nice movie and effects. It's not something that goes into rapture over the show, but still is worth seeing. After that we had lunch and went to the lower deck for some even better shows and attractions. We started with Jurrasic Park (the whole family on one ride!) then made Revenge of the Mummy - this time only with my older daughter. This one is really thrilling to some people and thanks to that we had to wait only 5 minutes! Great! If you've never ridden fast roller coaster in almost complete darkness, it's definitely for you!
After this small portion of adrenalin we decided to see some more shows. First was Special Effects Stages, then Animal Actors. Unfortunately we hadn't time for Backdraft that I heard is great. We had to leave the park, but didn't miss many attractions. I think we did all the best and I'm happy we came there in May, because it's not very crowded then. I must say that this theme park is great, but you should go there rather with older kids, like 10-12 years old or more. My younger daughter was very angry on us that I didn't allow her to go to the Mummy and other rides, but she happily done Simpsons...
Please enjoy few pictures below...

No comments: