Monday, April 27, 2009

KidsTrip09 - Day 1

First thing in the morning we headed to find some breakfast. Starbucks was on our way so we had some nice coffee and pastries. Then caught car rental shuttle and went to Hertz. After 15 minutes of discussion about what car we can have and explanations that they can't give me any good car, only crappy KIA, I won Toyota Highlander with high mileage. Although I've 20% discount in Hertz and they prices seems to be attractive when applied, it's my last time with this car rental company. Their service is poor, cars even worse and often with 30-40k miles on odometer - I definitely prefer and recommend Alamo with newer, better cars, very often quite new ones.
With our rented car we came to the hotel to grab luggage and check out. I must say that Radisson at LAX is not so bad and perfectly located (5 minutes walk from the terminal).
Then our plan was to see Beverly Hills, Hollywood Walk of Fame and Santa Monica Beach. So we went to magic triangle in Bevely Hills. It's nice place to walk around and admire amazing architecture, rich shops, greenery, sport cars and other stuff. See some pictures below.

Hollywood is a different story - very crowded place with many people treading on stars with actors names or on concrete plates with imprints of hands and feet. To be honest it's nothing interesting there - I just wanted to show some so called "plastic" attractions to my kids.

Unfortunately we were too tired to visit Santa Monica Beach, so decided to head to hotel and visit local Carlsbad beach. But next to I5 just ahead of Oceanside it's nice Vista Point with squirrels and sea-gulls so we rested there for 20 minutes and took some pictures. Then went to Carlsbad, had some dinner at Dennys. Please see pictures below...

No comments: