Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy(?) New Year!

Hi,
So this is my first entry in 2009. It could be happy or not. Who knows? First day of new year brought some good events. I'm on my way to get tickets for US Kids Trip 2009. If it finishes luckily we'll depart on 25th of April and be back on 11th of May. Of course it's not easy to get cheap tickets for flight to LAX and back. I decided to go KLM as I like this airline best. While trying to make a reservation over the Internet, transaction failed, but money was blocked on my credit card account. It means I didn't get neither tickets nor money limit on cc. So I called the KLM hotline and they told me that reservation recovery is possible, but I've to wait two weeks till my cc limit will be released or I can pay by cash. Very funny... Of course I can't wait two weeks, because price will raise, so must go to the office next week and pay with cash - just Polish everyday life. You don't have cash, you're like a bankrupt.
Besides New Year's Eve was very nice, a lot of sleep and very good sparkling wine. Nothing interesting. I just wanted to watch some TV, but didn't like disco polo (played on Polsat) and decided that sleeping option is better one. It turned out to be good choice.
Moreover my family plays Wii a lot (6-8 hours/day is a lot or a little? never know that, can u help?). I must say that from three games we have (Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit), most of the time we spend playing Wii Fit - balance board is really cool and it's something that you can't find anywhere else. For me (a game player since 30 years!) it's like a new era of computer gaming. Wii Play is also a good set of nice games and Wii Sports is definitely the worst one. I can only play bowling there, other games are too boring or not perfectly developed. My daughters also asked me to buy Mario Kart and this probably will be the next product I'll buy one day...
It's worth to mention one more thing. Wii surprises me every day. Yesterday I connected it to the Internet and we swapped messages with my friend who is also Wii owner. Yes, I know it's nothing very sophisticated (every PC can do that since years), but let's remind that it's game console, not a PC! You can even send your own avatar to your friend's console and play there with your character! I think it's great and funny feature...
More news soon... now it's time to sleep, because I'm a little tired...

1 comment:

Sylwester said...
This comment has been removed by the author.