Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Phototrip Memories #2

Phototrip 2008 had a deep influence on my life, it's for sure. I still remember every while of the trip and when looking at the pictures of The Wall Arch I'm even more happy that we finally managed to organize this wonderful trip. As you might know famous Wall Arch doesn't exist anymore! Yes, unfortunately it's true - you can check these sad pictures on www.nps.gov. Or I've just copied them here (of course it's property of nps.gov):

Below is my own picture taken on 5th May 2008. On 8th of August it collapsed!

It only shows us how fragile is life and how fleeting are famous views of the world. Unluckily it's not the only example. Another one is New Orleans. I had luck to be there in 2000 and I think it was one of the best city in the USA - in my opinion at least as nice and interesting as San Francisco. We can say actually it doesn't exist anymore! The same story I had with WTC in NYC. I was there in May 2001 and in September it disappeared. It only shows us that travels are precious and they can be your only chance to see something that lasts only for a while (yes, hundreds years is sometimes also a while). It also means that I'll never have another chance to take picture of Wall Arch - and I'm not happy with what I've taken there. So remember - always do your best to take a good picture - sometimes there's no second chance.
I know this is very sad entry, but what happened really hit me! This lovely National Park will never be the same. And you should hurry up to have a chance to see other arches - they can disappear tomorrow...

No comments: