Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend in Vienna and Prague

So another weekend just passed very quickly. Fortunately it wasn't wasted time! I was in Vienna for Brocade Partner Night Event. Party itself was rather short, but luckily I spent the rest of my spare time on taking pictures of Vienna and later decided to get back to Poland through Prague to have additional opportunity for picture taking.
In Vienna I had time to visit famous Schonbrunn Schloss. And I must admit that it's the second thing I like in Vienna (first is Hundertwasser House), because generally this is rather boring city. They even don't know how to serve good coffee or apfelstrudel in the city center, so I don't know why people are willing to visit the city? But somehow there is a lot of tourists from all over the world that are trying to find something interesting. Good luck! I don't plan to visit the city center anymore, but I'll visit Schonbrunn for sure! It's great!
After few hours in the palace gardens (we had not enough time to see interiors) we headed to Prague and got there just for late dinner. I haven't been to Prage for last 3 or 4 years and in my opinion it changed completely. It's very expensive (much more than Vienna) and people are rude and are trying to cheat you everywhere. They see money everywhere - you've to pay even for going to the golden lane! What's even worse they want money for one ticket including all the Hradcany attractions! Few years ago, all of those was free and now it's about 400 Kcs what's too expensive for me and probably for many other people. This time Prague became loathsome to me and I don't plan to go there in next few years... there's so many more interesting cities in the world...
But I don't want to bore you with my whining - please just see few pictures:

1. Schloss Laudon


2. Ducks in the gardens of Schonbrunn Schloss


3. Schonbrunn Schloss itself


4. Another view of Schonbrunn Schloss

5. And another view of Schonbrunn Schloss


6. Animals in the gardens

7. And penguin


more pictures soon...

No comments: